Coconut Software is looking for a Senior Accountant to join its dynamic Finance team. This is an exciting opportunity to launch your career with one of Saskatoon’s fastest-growing technology companies, and become part of a team that truly puts its people first.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Finance & HR, this role is responsible for owning the accounting, treasury, and financial reporting functions for the company, and coordinating other key finance tasks. The successful candidate will radiate Coconut’s core values, and demonstrate enthusiasm and attention to detail.
- Oversee the completion of monthly payroll and accounting tasks
- Maintain the company’s general ledger, including review and reconciliation of accounts, and preparation of working papers
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports in accordance with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE)
- Implement and monitor effective internal controls
- Manage the administration for the company’s Employee Stock Option Plan
- Review subscription sales agreements, provide data to assist the Sales Department with subscription renewals.
- Review expenditures for compliance with budget and company policy
- Ensure timely collection of receivables
- Oversee the company’s bank accounts and credit card programs
- Assist management with comprehensive research of accounting and tax matters
- Prepare grant submissions and ensure compliance with funding programs
- Coordinate all external audit activity
- Work with Human Resources to create and administer policies and procedures
- Assist with the preparation of annual SRED and corporate tax returns
- Prepare other management reports and analysis as required
- Assist with the upgrade implementation of new accounting software
- Identify and recommend improvements to optimize the company’s financial processes
- Oversee the collection and organization of all contracts and agreements
- Perform other related duties as required
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a recognized University
- Completion of a professional accounting designation (i.e. CPA)
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional financial accounting experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Strong proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office programs
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and time-manage
- Ability to work both independently and cross-functionally in an autonomous work environment
- Impeccable accuracy with numbers and high attention to detail
- Prior knowledge of Software as a Service (SaaS) considered an asset
- Prior experience in a startup environment considered an asset
- Highly motivated, proactive, and enthusiastic
Who is Coconut Software?
Coconut Software is an enterprise scheduling platform selling to some of the biggest companies in North America including Capital One, RBC, Rogers, and Bell. Founded in Saskatoon by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, the company has grown to 60 employees with offices in Saskatoon and Toronto. After recently closing another successful financing round, the company has ambitious plans to continue its rapid growth.
With a relaxed work environment and company perks like cabana days, catered lunches, and flexible work hours, Coconut has created a company culture that is best in class. As a people-first company with exciting growth plans, Coconut is an excellent place to launch your finance career!
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Cabana Days - 8 additional paid days off annually
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
- In-Office Massage
- Paid Parking
- Social Committee Activities
- Commitment to Professional Development
- Amazing Holiday Parties
- A People First Company - 4.9 rating on Glassdoor