Lead Teachers are responsible for providing a successful, safe, and supervised educational setting for children enrolled in SRCAA Head Start/Early Head Start programs. The Lead Teacher actively promotes school readiness and sets appropriate goals that address the five essential domains (social-emotional, cognitive, language/literacy, perceptual motor and physical development, and approaches to learning). This position also develops individual learning goals and provides ongoing assessment of the developmental process in order to facilitate the transition into kindergarten. The Lead teacher will also encourages parent /family/ community engagement in all aspect of the program as well as:
- Provide supervision, guidance and support to teacher, related to classroom responsibilities.
- Develop and implementing a developmentally appropriate, multi-cultural curriculum for children.
- Work cooperatively with support staff (Center Director) in the provision of direct services and the development of goals for children with disabilities.
- Perform duties in accordance with CLASS and School Readiness goals and requirements.
- Conduct home visits and parent/teacher conferences as required by Head Start performance standards;
- Supervise and trains parents, staff, and volunteers;
- Participate in workshops, meetings, community events, etc. (e.g. partner meetings, conferences, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and/or presenting information.
- Preferred qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, birth to 5 years (or related field); one year management/supervisory experience; bi-lingual (English and Spanish) and below minimum qualifications.
- Minimum qualifications: Two year Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education, birth to 5 years (or related field); computer literate; 2 years’ experience teaching pre-school children; training in communication with infants, toddlers, parents and staff; training in safety issues; good oral, written and organization skills; valid driver’s license and reliable transportation; able to periodically attend out of town conferences and training sessions.
**Head Start positions work 10 months per year.
*** Transcripts will be required to validate degrees/classes, which may require confirmation of up to 16 credit hours of coursework relating to Early Childhood Education
Salisbury-Rowan Community Action Agency Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled