Waters at St. James Apartments
Atlantic Housing Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c) 3 not-for-profit affordable housing provider. Founded in 1999, we currently own and operate over 10,000 units of multifamily properties in 6 states and 37 cities. In addition to HUD, HAP and LIHTC properties, Atlantic Housing owns and operates low and mixed-income multifamily assets, student housing and senior housing.
About the Service Technician role:
Our national multi-family management company is looking for a hard-working Service Technician with a “Whatever it Takes” attitude to join our team to assist our Lead Service Technician on an affordable housing community. You will assist with overseeing the physical property, general maintenance repairs, unit make-ready, preventative maintenance, and construction or rehabilitation projects for the apartment community. You will handle grounds keeping, onsite amenities upkeep, will be required to schedule and respond to on-call, after hours, emergencies.
Why Should You Apply?
- You believe in the AHF mission and core values
- You are the best at what you do
- You meet the qualifications below
- Paid every two weeks
- Cell phone reimbursement every pay period
- Quarterly Bonus Incentive Payments
- With satisfactory performance, will pay for your EPA certification
- Opportunities for upward mobility
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- 32 hours of Volunteer Time Off annually
- Competitive Paid Time Off accrual
- This role is eligible for overtime
- Rent discount if live on-site
- Multiple health care insurance plans that cover medical, dental, prescription, vision, and employer HSA contributions
· Competitive 401(k) Program with employer matching contributions
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or equivalent (required)
· 2+ years of multi-family maintenance experience or at least 2+ years of commercial maintenance experience
· Familiar with plumbing repairs, tile work, HVAC equipment, appliances, carpentry repairs, electrical repairs and all facets of apartment make-ready
· Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license and be able to read, write and speak English.
· Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time, as well as move through the community and maneuver around equipment, climb ladders for repairs, etc.
· Must be willing to be on-call
· Must be able to climb up and down a ladder.
· Ability to effectively communicate with tenants and property staff.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing 50 pounds or more.
- Ability to work occasionally in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
· EPA Sec 608 Certification (preferred)
Atlantic Housing Foundation, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled