Chief Maintenance Engineer
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Chief Maintenance Engineer who has a passion for delivering awarding winning service, exhibits exceptional leadership and understands how to achieve company-wide expectations regarding bottom line profitability. Must have 3-5 years Hotel Maintenance Management to be considered. Salary can be negotiated based on specialized qualified certifications.
- Must have outstanding leadership capabilities demonstrated by one’s ability to direct and inspire an entire Maintenance Team toward achieving award winning service through daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance protocols. Will be on call 24/7 to resolve immediate needs.
- Responsibilities include oversight and direction of the entire Maintenance Department including but not limited to all maintenance personnel, protocols and preventative maintenance systems. Ensures hotel is in brand compliance at ALL times. (includes QA)
- Must have extensive prior hotel Maintenance managerial experience with like hotels, including high volume restaurant or banquet facility. Must understand how to set up and execute maintenance systems and protocols, be proficient with PM Works (or "like preventative maintenance programs), conduct life safety training, make recommendations for loss prevention, ensure the hotel is in compliance regarding all required building and mechanical inspections, etc.
- Responsible for stringent controls on all maintenance costs, labor and energy conservation.
- Foremost, must be able to provide Award Winning Service by exceeding client expectations as evident by guest surveys. (SALT)
- Ability to analyze, interpret and act upon maintenance repairs, replacement and preventative care on a daily basis. This would include all building, mechanical and FF&E in both rooms and commercial areas throughout the hotel.
- Must be able to be "on call" at all times. Must be able to positively interact with all personnel as well as all Department Heads and hotel line staff.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Must be able to type and write professionally and proficiently.
- Excellent time management, organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve company-wide Service and budgeted cost expectations.
- Confident, self-driven, dynamic and loves to learn. Has a strong ability to take direction and suggestion from others.
- Loves interaction with the public, extroverted personality – genuine care for others demonstrated by daily interactions
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.