- Must be able to work a flexible shift including weekends and holidays
- Valid SC Driver's License with good driving record required
- Post offer, pre-employment drug test, and criminal background check required
Assists workers engaged in installing, repairing, and servicing central heating and air conditioning systems, room heating and air conditioning units, ice machines, major appliances, coin-operated laundry equipment, pool pump motors, and other related electrical equipment by performing the following duties. Perform & coordinate all required maintenance work to include PM, troubleshooting & repairs as required. Ensure compliance with all state, federal & corporate safety procedures. Identify & suggest improvements to management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance
- The ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Wear a skid-resistant work shoe with good support
- Receives requests for maintenance service from Chief & Assistant Chief Facility Engineer, assigns appropriate personnel and schedules work.
- 3 Phase (electric, pneumatic, hydraulic hoists), electric motors & electrical current up to 480 volts.
- Pipe fitting, electrical & mechanical troubleshooting
- Welding – MIG & ARC
- Cuts, punches, flanges, shears, and solders sheet metal ducts and parts. Cuts threads and packs pipes.
- Cements insulation in place over finished piping or tubing.
- Passes electrical wire through conduit, splices wire connections, and tapes wire.
- Assembles sheet metal components of prefabricated furnaces.
- Replaces exhausted or defective containers of refrigerant with new refrigerant.
- Lubricates fans, motors, and control units.
- Installs air and water filters in completed assembly.
- When necessary, removes room air conditioning units from guest rooms and transports to shop for repairs.
- Reinstalls repaired room air-conditioning units in guest rooms.
- Provides on-site maintenance on major appliances, laundry equipment and pool pump motors.
- When on-site maintenance is not feasible, transports equipment to shop for repairs.
- Furnishes workers with materials, tools, and supplies.
- Cleans work area, machines, tools, and equipment.
- May be assigned general maintenance duties.
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as machinery specifications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must hold a valid South Carolina driver's license and be able to operate a private passenger automobile and light truck. Must be an EPA Certified Technician I & II and also hold a DEHEC Pool and Spa Certification.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Must be proficient in all skills normally associated with State licensing for a mechanical contractor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee frequently works in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme heat, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Sea Mist Oceanfront is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled