Overall Job Summary:
SmartLinx Solutions is a rapidly expanding Human Capital Management software company looking to expand the ranks of our Solution Delivery team by adding a talented, tech-savvy project manager. We help organizations improve their employer brand and maximize the value of their talent by deploying a suite solution spanning Time & Attendance, Scheduling, Payroll, and HRMS.
The Technical Project Manager (TPM) reports to the Director of Solutions Delivery and manages an individual pod of assigned consultants. The TPM owns a portfolio of projects assigned to their pod and is the ultimate driver of project success.
- Ensures projects are delivered on-time, on-budget.
- Works fearlessly with stakeholders, internal and external, to drive customer success and achievement of client business objectives.
- Ensures adequate throughput of projects, not allowing projects to become stalled or road blocked.
- Drives two-way accountability in project execution; ensures resources manage their assigned tasks effectively while ensuring that the customer fulfills requirements placed on them in the Statement of Work.
- Identifies and evaluates project risks and develop strategies how to avoid/mitigate the risk or minimize the impact on the overall project.
- Works with the Finance organization to resolve questions and discrepancies regarding client billing.
- Documents project progress, client interactions, and key decisions made to ensure there is an ongoing project and client history available.
- Effectively facilities meetings, ensuring communication flows smoothly and objectives are consistently met.
- Leads business process and functional requirements gathering sessions, ensuring a clear understanding of the customer’s needs are defined efficiently.
- Manages projects to traditional measures such as profitability, and their assigned resources to billable and productive utilization.
- Fosters a personal brand as a trusted advisor to customers and establishes client relationships that long term viable.
- Assesses and manages risk effectively, ensuring leadership is engaged to help manage clients as much as necessary but as little as possible.
- Contributes to continuous improvement of the organization by owning components of the technology portfolio, services roadmap, and methodology.
- Builds and maintains awareness of critical developments for the domains and industries within which SmartLinx Solutions operates.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in technical project management
- Extensive experience with software deployments and knowledge of SDLC.
- Experience managing resource utilization, revenue, and project profitability.
- Prior experience with software delivery, training, and customer support.
- Extensive relational database knowledge in MS SQL or MySQL strongly preferred.
- Experience in workforce management, payroll and HR software a plus.
- Experience in Agile project management a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Lead projects and manage multiple tasks involved in meeting deadlines and deliverables.
- Ability to direct, manage and motivate project team.
- Build and sustain effective communication with other roles/functional areas involved in the project.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under tight deadlines, often with time and resource constraints while providing adequate attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including patience, flexibility, consideration, discretion, tact, confidence and effectiveness in dealing with people.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Experience with Human Resources, Time & Attendance and Scheduling or similar software systems application is preferred.
- Comfortable in speaking with customers, and being able to handle any size group meetings.
- Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas in person, over the telephone, and in written correspondence.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems, demonstrate problem solving and resourcefulness.
- Proficiency in MS office applications. Ability to efficiently manipulate data using Excel both for internal usability and external presentation is a must.