Peterbilt Truck Centers of West Memphis is searching for a Warehouse Clerk who can assist with the daily operations of the heavy truck dealer's parts warehouse.
- Pull and fill service department orders generated by back parts counter
- Unloading and processing of palletized stock from incoming orders
- Verify that invoices and packing slips match product and quantities being delivered and received
- Communicate any immediate maintenance or safety-related issues to management
- Helps maintain the professional appearance of the parts department
- Helps with stocking orders when they arrive to expedite delivery to shop technicians
- Perform cycle counts for perpetual inventories
- Maintain efficient and practical flow of inventory through warehouse
- Maintains professional appearance
- Other Duties as assigned
- Prior warehouse and parts stocking experience is strongly preferred
- One (1) year minimum work experience in an industrial work environment
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Valid driver's license and motor vehicle record with minimal infractions
- Ability to work independently without direct on-site supervision
- Strong organization, communication, and telephone skills
- Demonstrated computer proficiency - researching parts online, communicating via email and conducting business system sales transactions.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach overhead and climb stairs throughout the parts warehouse and stand for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally help lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities are required. Employee is required to drive a motor vehicle for extended periods of time and travel frequently from the office to customer sites.
Founded in 1992, Peterbilt Truck Centers has 6 full-service dealerships with locations in Jackson and Meridian, MS, Little Rock and West Memphis, AR, Memphis, TN, and Shreveport, LA. We are committed to providing premium transportation products with an unmatched level of customer service. We offer competitive pay and benefits, including medical insurance, paid time off, paid holidays and a company matched 401(k) plan.