The Calgary Zoo is a conservation leader whose mission is to take and inspire action to sustain wildlife and wild places. As a not-for-profit charitable institution, all revenue is reinvested back into conservation activities at the zoo and around the world.
As an organization, we value effective and collaborative communication and honesty and integrity with an emphasis on customer focus, safety, and conservation. If you would like to be part of this team, we have the following seasonal position available in our Guest Services department:
Guest Relations Customer Service Representatives
Start Date: Approximately November 17th, 2018
End Date: January 6, 2019
- Greet and serve customers
- Handle sales transactions
- Provide Calgary Zoo information to guests
- Operate a cash/computer, POS system
- Assist guests with the paid parking system.
- Load and troubleshoot automated kiosks; provide assistance at the kiosks
- Provide line management at sales windows, in the tunnel and at the turnstiles
- Direct vehicle traffic in parking areas as well as arrivals and departures of school buses.
- Set up / take down of signage, stanchions and barricades.
- Ensure work area is clean & tidy, including wiping counter, bases of stanchions & signs
- Complies with the Zoo’s health and safety program
- Other duties as required.
- Some previous cash handling experience
- Must be confident working alone and in a team environment
- Great customer service skills
- Computer knowledge
- Responsible, reliable & mature
- Knowledge of English, verbal & written
- First Aid Training and experience working with children considered an asset.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 3 shifts per week on a regular basis.
- Required to work both indoors and outdoors.
- Heavy lifting, standing and walking for long periods of time required.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings & holidays.
What the zoo has to offer:
- FREE zoo pass.
- Discounts on food, beverage and merchandise.
- A fun work environment and the opportunity to work in a park full of wild animals!
If you are a highly motivated and experienced individual we invite you to apply via our online system. Posting will remain open until all positions are filled.