The Operations Officer serves in a support role to the Chief Operations Officer providing guidance to operational functions of the bank, including Information Technology, Item Processing, Account Services, and Electronic Banking.
- Participates in the development, maintenance, and improvement of the policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines of the Operations division, with an emphasis on productivity, efficiency, superior client service and teamwork.
- Participates in resolving unusual operational issues and assists bank personnel with difficult client situations as needed.
- Supports the development of new services offered by the Bank.
- Participates in the setting of prices and fees for the services of the Bank.
- Works with the auditor to respond to audit and examination findings with recommendations for change to reduce risk, improve processes and comply with banking laws and regulations.
- Participates in the identification of needs and ensures software solutions are developed in a timely manner to help increase operational efficiency.
- Provides insight and overview of business case justifications and ROI analysis for IT spending and initiatives.
- Collaborates on Business Continuity to ensure appropriate plans are in place and regularly tested for readiness for unforeseen and unexpected events.
- Supervises the maintenance of bank premises. Coordinates new facility design and construction.
- Participates in the evaluation and analysis of the purchase of the Bank’s equipment (in accordance with established budget and approval authorities.)
- Participates in strategic planning to sustain and support the business and anticipate future trends.
- Researches, evaluates, implements and monitors vendor relationships to ensure cost-effectiveness, performance, and compliance.
- Receives and processes legal requests for information such as garnishments, subpoenas, etc., ensuring compliance with consumer privacy laws.
- Completes all required annual compliance training including BSA.
Bachelor’s Degree preferably in business
Training and Experience
- Five years of experience in Business or Financial Services Industry
- Five years of Management experience
- Technology Savvy
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performing the duties of this job requires the ability to hear and understand the normal conversation and the ability to speak clearly. The work involves prolonged movement (sitting, standing, walking, bending, grasping); carrying and/or lifting objects up to 25 lb. sometimes occurs.
This position is based at the Operations Center in Plaquemine, LA. Travel to branch locations for meetings is required. This is a full-time position, and the normal hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasionally, the job may require evenings and weekend work for community involvement or problem resolution
Citizens Bank and Trust provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
CITIZENS BANK & TRUST CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled