Part-Time Seasonal Keg Assistant
Reports To: Beverage Supervisor
Position Overview: Ensure timely delivery of fresh cold beer to beverage servers and notify supervisor of inventory, or, quality concerns immediately. Contribute to the ArtsQuest experience by delivering exceptional customer service with a smile.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our customers, staff, and volunteers.
- Change beer kegs as they are emptied during the festival.
- Maintain inventory of full and empty kegs keeping counts up to date with each change.
- Alert supervisor of any problems, or when the inventory of fresh full kegs is getting low.
- Tap beer kegs as needed to ensure efficient flow of beer.
- Monitor quality of carbonation and temperature of the beer.
- Pour beer and serves customers when not busy with kegs.
- Adhere to ArtsQuest training and RAMP guidance in serving customers.
- Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and on time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Previous customer service experience preferred; must possess a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to our guests; strong people skills, including diplomacy and empathy.
- Must be friendly, personable and have excellent communication skills.
- Must be a team player and be able to work well with others.
- Ability to multi-task with ease, detail-oriented, and able to problem solve in order to effectively work with internal and external customers; accurate, organized and cooperative.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates or Bachelors Degree in related field preferred.
Physical Abilities Required:
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, etc.).
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift items up to 25 pounds frequently, with or without reasonable accommodation; ability to push, pull or lift up to 165 pounds occasionally alone or with the assistance of others.
- Ability to kneel, stoop, bend, lift, push, pull, pinch, grip, reach overhead, reach away from the body, and perform a repetitive motion with arms, hands, feet, legs, etc..
- Ability to speak, see, hear, smell, feel (identify objects by touch), depth perception and color vision.
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate clear guidelines and work at a quick pace, particularly during events and other functions.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language at a level adequate to perform the job; bi-lingual in Spanish and/or Asian dialect is a plus.
- Ability to satisfactorily complete a PA State Criminal Background Check and PA Child Abuse Clearance.
Working Conditions/Hours: Training dates July 16th- July 29th. During the festival August 2nd through August 11th hours are generally 5:00 to 11 pm.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
FLSA Status: Hourly
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ArtsQuest is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled