Patient Care Technician - EMT/Paramedic/Medical Assistant:
- An engaging and personable individual with a passion for holistic medicine. Must be self-motivated, organized and possess the ability to work independently and efficiently while multitasking. Accuracy and patient satisfaction are paramount. The ideal candidate will partner with clinical and business office staff to ensure patient care and office efficiencies are achieved daily.
- Welcomes patients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Prepares patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room; providing examination gowns and drapes; helping them to position themselves for the examination and/or treatment; arranging examining room instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming the purpose of visit or treatment.
- Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers during examinations; preparing laboratory specimens; performing basic laboratory tests on the premises; disposing of contaminated supplies; sterilizing medical instruments; administering medications on the premises; authorizing drug refills as directed; telephoning prescriptions to pharmacies; drawing blood; preparing changing dressings.
- Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock and verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care
- information confidential.
- Serves and protects the physician or health care provider practice by adhering to professional standards, policies, and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances health care practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- 1 plus year of medical practice experience a bonus, but would consider the right candidate with other experience
- Urgent Care facility experience a plus
- Certification a plus
- EMT or paramedic certification
- BLS certification
- Medical Assistant certification