The Community Manager will have a proven track record of successfully managing multifamily properties, including HUD properties, utilizing superior communication skills and a positive attitude. Community Managers directly supervise the property’s on-site staff to ensure implementation of all corporate policies and procedures
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
The Community Manager will report directly to a South Carolina Regional Manager, and will have the following credentials and qualifications (required for consideration for the position):
- At least four (3) years prior experience in on-site multifamily property management, at least one (1) of which must have been a Property Manager / Community Manager of a project-based HUD community
- High School degree (or GED)
PREFERENCES (preferred, but not required):
- Professional Designation or Certification indicating property management expertise (e.g., CPM, ARM, CAM, COS, or equivalent designation from a recognized MF industry organization)
- Prior experience with affordable housing programs (income and rent restrictions, LURA and/or HUD compliance, etc.)
- Proficiency with Yardi property management software
- Demonstrated ability to effectively recruit, retain, manage, direct, train, motivate and lead both office and maintenance personnel
- Prior experience evaluating employee performance, and coaching and developing team members
- Reporting: Prepare accurate and timely reports (monthly, quarterly, annually and ad hoc) detailing cash flow, budget variances, market studies, and business strategies.
- Budget and Expense and Program Goals: Assist in developing annual budgets, and executing on same, including managing expenses and achieving company goals, including revenue, occupancy, social programs, and other aspects of the Foundation’s mission.
- Capital Improvements: Work with the Regional Manager and corporate team to review and inspect all capital replacement plans; ensure all are within the scope of the approved budget.
- Market Research: Maintain detailed knowledge of the local market and competition, and develop tailored marketing plans and strategies.
- Vendor Management: Solicit bids and negotiate with vendors.
- Tenant Relations: Lead the on-site team in tenant satisfaction matters.
- Routine Legal Matters: Lead on-site staff in evictions and other routine legal matters.
- Fair Housing and Legal Compliance: Remain abreast of federal and state legal developments as they pertain to our business, including Fair Housing, EEO, OSHA, and ADA, and assist in assuring compliance.
- Process Improvement: Assist in ongoing process improvement, including revisions of policies and procedures.
- Employee Reviews and Compensation: Review performance and recommend (or approve as appropriate) employee compensation decisions.
- Site Inspections: Personally inspect the property on a regular basis (both scheduled and unscheduled visits), assuring the marketability of the community, both interior and exterior.
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, 401K, training, opportunities for advancement, and an EOE/drug-free workplace.
ATLANTIC HOUSING MANAGEMENT LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled