Orleans Gardens Apartments!
The Community Manager will have a proven track record of successfully managing multifamily properties, utilizing superior communication skills and a positive “whatever-it-takes” attitude. Community Managers directly supervise the property’s on-site staff to ensure implementation of all corporate policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reporting: Prepare accurate and timely reports (monthly, quarterly, annually and ad hoc) detailing cash flow, budget variances, market studies, and business strategies.
- Budget and Expense and Program Goals: Assist in developing annual budgets, and executing on same, including managing expenses and achieving company goals, including revenue, occupancy, social programs, and other aspects of the Foundation’s mission.
- Capital Improvements: Work with the Regional Manager and corporate team to review and inspect all capital replacement plans; ensure all are within the scope of the approved budget.
- Market Research: Maintain detailed knowledge of the local market and competition, and develop tailored marketing plans and strategies.
- Vendor Management: Solicit bids and negotiate with vendors.
- Tenant Relations: Lead the on-site team in tenant satisfaction matters.
- Routine Legal Matters: Lead on-site staff in evictions and other routine legal matters.
- Fair Housing and Legal Compliance: Remain abreast of federal and state legal developments as they pertain to our business, including Fair Housing, EEO, OSHA, and ADA, and assist in assuring compliance.
- Process Improvement: Assist in ongoing process improvement, including revisions of policies and procedures.
- Employee Reviews and Compensation: Review performance and recommend (or approve as appropriate) employee compensation decisions.
- Site Inspections: Personally inspect the property on a regular basis (both scheduled and unscheduled visits), assuring the marketability of the community, both interior and exterior.
- Liability and Risk Management: Limit the Foundation’s exposure to frivolous lawsuits by working with the Compliance department in proper training and ongoing education for on-site personnel.
- At least four (3) years prior experience in on-site multifamily property management
- At least one (1) of which must have been as Community Manager/Property Manager of a project-based HUD community
- High School degree (or GED)
PREFERENCES (not required):
- Professional Designation or Certification indicating property management expertise (e.g., CPM, ARM, CAM, COS, or equivalent designation from a recognized MF industry organization)
- College degree
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Prior experience with affordable housing programs (income and rent restrictions, LURA and/or HUD compliance, etc.)
- Proficiency with Yardi property management software
- Demonstrated ability to effectively recruit, retain, manage, direct, train, motivate and lead both office and maintenance personnel
- Prior experience evaluating employee performance, and coaching and developing team members
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, 401K, training, opportunities for advancement, and an EOE/drug-free workplace.
ATLANTIC HOUSING is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled