Provide timely, accurate and friendly service while preparing the highest quality beverages for our guests. Each bartender’s primary objective is to show our guests such a marvelous time, they will want to return.
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Spell Restaurant Group
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with the restaurant’s standard drink recipes.
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges, and make change if necessary.
- Check identification of guests to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Clean and sterilize glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Balance cash receipts.
- Record drink orders accurately and immediately after having received them into the register system.
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to guests’ excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading guests to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated guests.
- Stock bar with beer, wine, liquor, and related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins, or straws.
- Present drink menus, make recommendations, and answer questions regarding beverages.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from guests seated at the bar.
- Clean bars, work areas, and tables.
- Reset tables in bar area.
- Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Serve food items to guests seated at the bar.
- Slice fruit, and prepare other garnishes for drinks.
- Arrange and maintain bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation, promotion of beverages, and attractive displays.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Recognize and learn the names of regular guests
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies.
- Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to the restaurant manager.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.