Our Company is a leader in designing, developing, and implementing high-energy laser systems and processes. We are seeking a laser technician who will be responsible for the assembly and field support of laser peening systems, optics and beam delivery systems.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Report directly to the Technical Services Manager.
- Maintain production laser systems (optical path and beam delivery cleaning, alignment and upgrades).
- Develop and leverage an understanding of laser peening systems in a field service support role
- Contribute to laser peening system builds and the development and assembly of in-house development laser systems
- Document laser system operational issues in support of trending, analysis and corrective actions
- Perform all assigned functions in accordance with the requirements of the AS-9100 Quality Management System.
- Ensure analyses and data are accurate and are performed in accordance with appropriate engineering standards using calibrated equipment.
- Support production and development operations as needed.
- Maintain awareness of industry standards and best practices.
- Support Corporate Technologies Mission, Vision, and Goals.
- Recommend policies and procedures that would be of material assistance in the attainment of improved business practices.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Experience with automation components including robots and PLC’s beneficial.
- Experience with CAD software beneficial
- Experience with AS-9100, ISO 9000 or similar quality systems
- Good technical writing and documentation skills
- Experience reading mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Willing to travel worldwide, up to 50% in support of installed equipment base
- 2 Year Associates Degree required – Laser/Optical Technology preferred
- BS Physics preferred
- US Citizen, able to qualify for United States Department of Defense secret clearance
Our Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class.
Our Company is a fun and challenging place to work with a casual atmosphere, flexible hours, and a “family” feel. Come join the successful and growing company that pioneered the industry.
Smoke-free and drug-free environment.
Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience.
Competitive benefits package including medical, dental and 401k.