This includes but is not limited to:
- Managing all Action Air commercial installers, and subcontractors on multiple projects simultaneously to ensure to ensure on-time performance and adherence to budgets
- Scheduling manpower and responsible hiring and terminations of field workers.
- Attend any install related meetings
- Interpreting HVAC drawings for installation
- Monitor construction schedules, two-week lookaheads, planning, scheduling and coordinating all on-site functions
- Performing material take-offs, ordering tools, materials, and equipment
- Coordinating of installation between trades and coordinating subcontractor progress
- Scheduling with GCs and periodic inspections by governing authorities
- Develop plans to coordinate receipt of materials, fabrications, and equipment
- Maintain an understanding of what materials & equipment are on site as well as what is needed to complete the project
- Assist in generating RFIs, Change orders and Additional Work Authorizations
- Monitoring labor reporting, job cost reviews and budget to ensure job profitability
- Provide and demonstrate to installers the Action Air philosophy of providing outstanding customer service.
- Communicate effectively with GCs and installers in determining needs, making recommendations and resolving customer complaints.
- Ensure installers understand and identify all project specifications and scope
- Ensure installers maintain highest standards when working on a job site, keeping work area free of debris and spills.
- Ensure all installers have completed all required documentation for each job.
- Identify under-performing installers and communicate to CM.
- Assist in the training and development of installers.
- Communicate policies, procedures and programs to installers.
- Practice and enforce all Action Air policies and procedures.
- Inspire and motivate others to perform at their best at all times.
- Ensure performance expectations are communicated to all installers.
- Conduct periodic site inspections to ensure proper procedures, techniques, and maximize customer service.
- Lead and coach assigned co-workers. Provide sufficient knowledge, skills, training, and information to achieve peak performance, continuous improvement, and a positive, productive work environment consistent with company goals and objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Vendor invoice approval up to $750.00
- Joint approval of Hiring and Terminations with CM and PM.
- Approve customer service invoice credits up to $250.00
- Five to ten years of progressive responsibility in an Installation Department in a related industry.
- Two to five years of field experience as an Installer.
- Minimum two years’ college or technical education; comparable experience will be considered.
- Good computer skills. Knowledge of common office applications such as MS Word, MS Excel. Experience with one or more dispatch systems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a complex work environment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
To adequately perform the duties of this job the employee is regularly and routinely required to sit; stand, walk, stoop, kneel, use hands to finger, handle controls; hear, and talk. The employee must have the ability to climb ladders, work off rooftops, work in high places, work under buildings, and work in cramped places. The employee must be able to work in inclement weather (hot, cold, dry, and wet). The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is a fast-paced and intense. The noise level is usually moderate but will vary occasionally. The work environment will subject employees to continual interruptions and changing priorities. Effective, consistent, and constant communication with customers, vendors, co-workers, and others is required.