Apartment maintenance tech wanted for large, upscale, A Quality Apartment Community in Tyler, TX. At least 2 years prior Apartment maintenance experience. Must be HVAC certified.
Scope and Purpose
- To be responsible, under the direction of the manager, for the overall maintenance of the physical property.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in all maintenance projects.
- Perform light electrical repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets, circuits, etc.
- Perform light plumbing work, such as clearing stoppages, replacing fittings, etc.
- Replace broken glass, tile, carpet, screens, garbage disposals, fixtures, appliances, draperies, and locks.
- Paint interior and exterior.
- Perform carpentry work, such as fitting doors, freeing windows, replacing and building shelves, sanding and refinishing floors.
- Assist in custodial work, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash, cleaning windows, etc.
- Assist in groundwork when necessary.
- Repair concrete, masonry roof, fencing, when required.
- Perform, limited extermination services, when required.
- Train subordinate employees.
- Participate in a standby emergency schedule for the evening, weekend, and holiday coverage.
- Be responsible for stock control and utilization of maintenance materials
- Schedules subordinate maintenance personnel and work order requests, adhering to maintenance priorities.
- Assist the manager in scheduling quarterly apartment inspections.
- Be responsible for the refurbishing of apartments prior to resident occupancy.
- Keep accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, work orders, apartment refurbishing, inspections, inventories, purchase orders.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturers’ recommendations and operating manuals.
- Periodically inspect all units, buildings, and common areas, performing repairs and janitorial assistance as needed.
- Have knowledge regarding water and gas meter cutoffs, all apartment and fixture cut-offs, and sewer clean-outs and post map of same.
- Make sure storage areas and entrances are locked and adequate lighting in those areas is maintained.
- Have constant knowledge regarding contracts and suppliers, their services and goods.
- Assist in apartment check-in and checkout inspections.