The Manager of Community Services oversees the community and charitable activities of our multifamily properties. This position is responsible for the day-to-day coordination of all social services including developing and administering on-site activities, fostering partnerships with third-party social service providers, as well as overseeing AHF’s scholarship programs. This position will also be responsible for community relations, marketing, and branding of the AHF mission. In addition, the Manager will be responsible for the thorough training, motivation, and oversight of on-site team members responsible for carrying out the mission.
As a 501(C)3 not-for-profit corporation, AHF’s primary purpose is to:
- Foster, support, acquire, construct, rehabilitate and operate quality Affordable Housing for low-income persons and families;
- Provide, acquire, construct, rehabilitate and/or operate Student Housing; and
- Provide scholarships for economically disadvantaged students to enable them to find their way out of the subsidized housing through educational opportunities.
- Develop, expand, implement and oversee resident service programs for AHF properties.
- Train and motivate on-site personnel in the promotion of the AHF Mission.
- Promote awareness of AHF programs and activities among our residents, and the broader community, including through local and national media outlets.
- Proactively develop community awareness and strategic relationships with appropriate community groups, leaders, agencies and government organizations.
- Develop and publish a monthly newsletter highlighting our community service initiatives and other milestones.
- Review and monitor performance, prepare an analysis of findings and propose recommendations for improvement.
- Provide oversight for all scholarship programs; meet with local boards of trustees, ensure compliance, recruit and evaluate candidates and monitor results.
- Identify, develop and promote partnership opportunities with other social service providers.
- Identify and source funding for social programs from federal, state and local governments, as well as from private and corporate foundations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with management agents, volunteers, non-affiliated service providers, and local agencies.
- Implement proactive strategies to meet AHF’s goals and objectives.
- Ensure proper vetting of all volunteers, service providers and partner organizations according to AHF’s guidelines and procedures.
- 3-10 years of experience in the following areas: social services and program development; multifamily (housing) marketing; and development and maintenance of not-for-profit partnerships.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and expansion of social programs.
- Effective relationship-building skills and experience in creating and maintaining collaborative partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute solutions to complex issues/transactions using a project management approach.
- Proven grant writing experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with strong presentation and organizational skills.
- Computer proficiency for internet research, typing, and reporting, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally.
- Dedicated to the mission of Atlantic Housing Foundation
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail to ensure that work product is accurate and complete
- Solve problems independently and work well within a team setting
- Meet deadlines and prioritize work requirements
- Initiate new ideas to streamline routine tasks
- Accept responsibility for new projects and see them through completion
An excellent benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, annual, sick and personal leave, paid holidays and 401(k) retirement plans. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
In addition to the opportunity to apply your expertise toward business and charitable objectives which directly impact families, we offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and meaningful challenges in a workplace that values excellence and work/life balance.
AHF and Atlantic Housing Management LLC are equal opportunity employers.
ATLANTIC HOUSING MANAGEMENT LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled