The Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport is currently accepting applications for a full-time First Cook. The role of the First Cook is the application of skills in various areas of line preparation (scratch cooking, finishing, plating, and garnishing), prioritization of duties, the maintenance of quality standards, ensuring the cleanliness of kitchen and pastry.
What We Offer:
Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina);
World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Marriott brands;
An excellent work environment, and the opportunity to be a part of the number one hotel in Kelowna, per TripAdvisor.
- Maintain professional kitchen appearance
- Creation of daily features and expected to “hold” a station down
- Communicate daily specials and requirements through the front of house briefings
- Complete mise en place in a timely manner ready for service
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness and maintenance of equipment
- Notify the Chef immediately of any required repairs
- Work effectively as part of the team to produce high-quality food in a positive team environment
- Observe health and safety practices at all times
- Assists the Executive Chef, Sous Chefs and Chef de Partie’s
- Prepare all aspects of the food production for Banquets according to hotel standards and sanitation practices.
- Prepare food items for customers using a quality predetermined method in a timely and consistent manner with a minimum of wastage possible.
- Daily cleaning and inventory of walk-in, storage, and refrigerators for stock rotation and cleanliness.
- Ensure all equipment in the work area is properly cleaned after every use.
- Report any equipment in need of repair to Chef immediately.
- Logging Fridge Temperatures on a daily basis.
- Train junior staff members on all kitchen practices and procedures
- Input in menu development is a necessity
- Checking quality and receiving food orders when senior chefs are not present
- Perform other duties as necessary and assigned by Chef.
- Daily log book communication
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years in a supervisory position at a hotel or restaurant
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Valid Food Safe certificate
- Ability to work variable shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada with no restrictions