Aloft Austin Round Rock
2951 Jazz Street
Round Rock, TX 78664
Come and join our team at the newly opened Aloft Austin Round Rock hotel! We are looking for team members that want to work in a fast-paced fun job while also growing their career.
As a Bistro Cook, you will efficiently and consistently produce the highest quality menu items by taking full ownership for the daily preparation and execution of food items in your station. We are looking for team players that assist one another and work with the service team to exceed our guests'' expectations and to provide them with nothing less than extraordinary dining experiences.
As a Cook, your job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare all food items to order, following standard recipes and procedures within specified time limits.
- Cuts or portions meat, fish and poultry.
- Communicates with team and management throughout the shift regarding the status of orders and availability of the product.
- Minimizes waste of product.
- Labels all food items for food safety and shelf-life standards.
- Rotates product according to "First In, First Out" to maintain shelf-life standards.
- Keeps the grill area neat, clean and sanitary.
- Cleans organizes and maintains the walk-in refrigerator, reach-in refrigerator, cooler drawers, prep, and dry storage area.
- Stocks/restocks items online according to specifications.
- Understands and complies with food safety and temperature standards.
- Cleans organizes and maintains fry area, walk-in refrigerator, reach-in refrigerator, cooler drawers, prep, and dry storage area.
- Assists in an entire team effort.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills - Ability to be organized in a changing environment.
- Ability to maintain a calm professional demeanor.
- Prepares great food with great service and a great attitude.
- Projects and assignments are completed thoroughly, professionally and with care in a timely manner.
- Adjusts to high-pressure situations and is open to change.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development.
- Conducts themselves professionally at all times while setting the standard for all staff.
- Expresses ideas and conveys information clearly, effectively and professionally.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- You must be able to pass a thorough background check as well as be drug-free.
Job Type: Full-Time
- High school or equivalent
What we offer:
In addition to your wage/salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits program to our full-time employees that include:
Click here to learn more about us!
- Employer-Sponsored Medical Benefits (Employer pays 3/4 of the Health Plan Costs)
- Vision and Dental Plans
- Short-Term Disability
- $20,000 Employer Paid Life Insurance Benefit at no cost
- Discount room rates for Employees at Marriott Hotels Worldwide
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Referral and Bonus Program
Hospitality Resource Group LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled