Ability Matters is seeking caring, team-oriented candidates who are eager to lead and embrace
that we are all more alike than we are different, and who are dedicated to changing lives,
impacting the world and shaping the future positively with love, learning and unique and creative inclusion practices.
The Reading Tutor is responsible for providing a high level of direct service to individuals with disabilities in order to fully implement their IEPs with an emphasis on reading goals (ie: fluency, comprehension, etc.).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Serve as a positive role model, ensuring the safety and well-being of consumer at all times
- Provide quality direct instructional programming in a one-on-one setting
- Assist in implementing educational programming in data collection, monitor progress
- Prepare activities aligned with IEP reading goals
- Follow all training and behavioral supports and protocols to maintain the safety of students who may display aggressive or inappropriate physical/verbal behaviors
- Provide accurate data-reporting for behavior and IEP reading goals
- Communicate with students, staff and parents/guardians
- High School Diploma
- 1+ year of experience working with K-12 students
- Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills required
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Ability to take initiative and follow through on tasks
- Possess and maintain First Aid and CPR training
- Pass and maintain all required DODD training offerings
- Pass a background check
- Pass a drug test
- Possess and maintain a driving record with less than six (6) points
Part-time and full-time opportunities available.
Pay rate will be based on credentials and years of experience.
*Ability Matters is an equal opportunity employer and stands committed to affirmative action.