We are currently looking for Geologists and Geological Technologist to join our Drill Monitoring Team for temporary assignments beginning immediately!
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and well organized individual to join our dynamic team as a Drill Monitor in Fort McMurray. Our Drill Monitors deliver technical support to a variety of clients all while maintaining a strong personal commitment to safety for themselves and those around them.
Tasks will include monitoring and assisting in the execution of various drilling scopes which include but are not limited to: resource and overburden evaluation programs, geotechnical investigations and instrument installations and hydrogeological programs. The successful candidate must develop a rapport with new and existing clients by effectively communicating the superior service and results that our teams provide. This position requires an individual who will work well in a fast-paced, team environment, takes initiative and is dedicated to producing quality work.
The hours for this position are on a rotational, shift work basis. The schedule is determined by project workloads. These temporary positions are located in Fort McMurray and would require relocation. These are NOT fly-in/fly-out positions.
- Monitor drill rigs (mud-rotary, dual-rotary, sonic, and auger);
- Installation of various types of instrumentation (piezometers, slope inclinometers, stand pipes, etc.);
- Planning, participating in, and managing projects including coordination, preparation of cost estimates, tender submissions, technical documentation, client reports, monitoring project progress, project scheduling/resourcing and meeting deadlines and budgets;
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to safety, for themselves and their co-workers, be well organized, and detail oriented; and
- Assistance with the development and compliance of QA/QC policies for technical work (field, lab).
- Comfortable driving in resource development/exploration settings;
- Working in remote field environments;
- Working outdoors in extreme temperatures and conditions;
- Up to a maximum of 50 lbs of heavy lifting is required;
- Rotational schedule including days and night shifts;
- Schedule may require being on-call;
- Schedule may involve 12 hour shifts; and
- Schedule will involve working weekends and holidays.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Geology or Geoscience;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written;
- Superior attention to detail, specifications, and reporting;
- Dedication and attention to safety standards and client site rules and regulations;
- Ability to drive a 4x4 vehicle off road in an industrial or remote setting;
- Preference will be given to those who have an APEGA or ASET membership; and
- This is a safety sensitive position.
More About Terracon:
Terracon Geotechnique is an independent, Canadian consulting firm, wholly owned by its employees. Terracon primarily serves the mining industry and the Athabasca Oils Sands region from its offices and laboratories in Calgary and Fort McMurray.
Terracon Geotechnique Ltd. is committed to achieving peerless safety and environmental benchmarks. We are responsible citizens who are driven by professional integrity and dedicated to extraordinary service. Every team member pledges to establish lasting relationships with our clients by exceeding contractual obligations, and trust through exceptional performance. We help the resource industry enhance their efficiency, accountability and environmentally friendly operations.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.