The Retail Banking Manager will partner with Sr. Managers and Lenders to identify deposit growth opportunities and execute strategies. The role will be responsible for guiding product development and implementation to provide profitable and competitive service offerings while delivering exceptional customer experiences. The Retail Banking Manager leads and directs all branch banking functions and maintains a thorough knowledge of bank goals, policies, operating procedures, and services. Additional responsibilities include developing branch management and staff.
- Guides retail product development, including pricing and features, and implementation to provide profitable and competitive service offerings focused on core deposit growth.
- Formulates and executes branch staff models that include the desired mix of bankers and automation technology that promotes new client acquisition and deposit growth.
- Develops plans to increase client satisfaction and deepen client deposit relationships.
- Participates in community activities and events to increase the Bank's visibility and to enhance new and existing business opportunities.
- Conducts regular meeting with the Branch Manager to provide ongoing direction with regard to sales, client services, and other key issues.
- Advises employees on building customer relationships by uncovering financial needs and recommending the best products, services, and solutions to meet those needs.
- Assists bank personnel in resolving difficult client situations as needed.
- Assures consistency of policies and processes throughout retail network where it creates efficiencies or other positive business results, but must recognize where differences call for divergent approaches.
- Implements strategies to maximize retail branch staff productivity, especially during off-peak times during the day/week. Leads change and communication efforts within the branch network to ensure full commitment and goal execution.
- Responsible for the satisfactory outcome of audits and reviews by compliance, internal audit, and other internal and regulatory bodies.
- Completes all required annual compliance training including BSA.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field
Training and Experience
- 10 years of experience in the Financial Services Industry
- Knowledge of financial services and products
- Business acumen and leadership experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
The Retail Banking Manager directly supervises Branch Managers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the bank’s policies and applicable laws.
Performing the duties of this job requires the ability to hear and understand the normal conversation and the ability to speak clearly. The work involves prolonged movement (sitting, standing, walking, bending, grasping); carrying and/or lifting objects up to 25 lb. sometimes occurs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a full-time position, and the normal hours of workdays are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The job may require evenings and weekend work for community involvement or problem resolution. This position will require frequent travel between branch locations.
Citizens Bank and Trust provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
CITIZENS BANK & TRUST CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled