Summary of Position: The Maintenance - General Labor Employee will be responsible primarily for general maintenance and repairs in guest rooms, meeting spaces, common areas, and grounds. He/she will also perform repairs on mechanical, electrical, plumbing, kitchen, and laundry equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintenance operations of the guest rooms, hotel property, and grounds.
- Responds to maintenance and safety concerns.
- Performs maintenance and preventative maintenance projects.
- Supports hotel departmental maintenance programs and executes daily, weekly and monthly checklists.
- Assists management in specifying proper supplies and equipment for operations.
- Responds to guest related questions or concerns in a timely, efficient and positive manner.
- Clean and maintain the pool and spa area.
- Knowledge of building maintenance and at least 1-2 years’ experience in a related field
- Need to be able to work with minimal supervision and multitask
- Ability to carry, lift or move heavy, large, or cumbersome items
- A current Oregon driver’s license and clean motor vehicle record is required
- Basic knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems and be able to perform simple repairs
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff members
- Flexibility to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work all shifts and all days of the week, including weekends and on-call
- Flexibility to assist other departments when help is needed
- Experience with cleaning and painting walls, door/door jams, baseboards, handrails and railings throughout the hotel
- Ability to use various kinds of equipment and tools safely
- Ability to take direction for different people
- A genuine desire to learn and to become a key team player