Captain Hook Austin is looking for drivers to join our team. You will drive a commercial truck with a hook lift system, providing roll-off services for residential and commercial customers and transporting solid waste to disposal sites in and around Austin.
We work Mon-Fri, with rotating Saturdays (OT). If you have a CDL, we will start you at $20/hr. If you've got roll off experience, we will pay you more. We pay for your lunch break. We don’t operate on set routes, so every day will be different. And we won’t lie, some days you will get dirty. But we love what we do, and we have a great team, and we are growing.
We are looking for solid people with a solid work ethic. Roll off experience is helpful, but not required. If you have a valid Texas CDL, enthusiasm, and a desire to be the best at what you do, we will train you to do the rest.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be able to speak and read English well enough to converse with the general public, understand highway traffic signs and signals, respond to official questions, and be able to make legible entries on reports and records.
- Must have a valid Class A or B CDL with airbrakes endorsement for the state of Texas.
- Must have at least 1 year of previous experience operating a commercial vehicle within the past 7 years.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Must have the ability to perform the physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment (post-offer) drug screen, background and motor vehicle records (MVR) check and Department of Transportation physical.