GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists supervisor in administering all aspects of the LAN/WAN to ensure operational efficiency and minimal downtime.
- Assists in the design, specification, configuration, installation, support, maintenance and upgrading of all network equipment and associated software.
- Assists with the maintenance of documentation of all network design and configuration and documents all significant changes using change management software.
- Under guidance of the Network Administrator III recommends and installs operating systems and application software; makes workstations network-ready.
- Performs back-up duties to higher level Network Administrators in their absence.
- As directed by management, monitors the status of the network; maintains network stability and efficiency; may be required to monitor network status after-hours.
- Assists supervisor in researching and evaluating new technologies to improve network function and security.
- Provides first-line user assistance for all network related problems, working helpdesk issues.
- Provides network support for helpdesk during non-Monday through Friday work schedules, as required.
- Assists users with workstation management; instructs users in understanding workstation techniques.
- Works with supervisor and other IT staff to execute on strategic technology projects.
- Keeps knowledge of IT technology current, specifically as it pertains to network protocol.
- Completes assigned compliance training in a timely manner and demonstrates ability to apply training to their duties and responsibilities.
- Provide customers support with remote deposit capture (RDC) installations and operating issues.
- Perform operational duties based on the daily, weekly, and monthly Daytime Operational Checklist.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite Software including Microsoft Outlook.
- Able to meet deadlines and complete technical tasks under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and communication skills; capable of training users in applications and operating system fundamentals and writing basic documentation.
- Proven ability to work constructively and harmoniously with all levels of employees and vendors.
- Effective problem-solving skills and the ability to effectively contribute to a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve technical problems pertaining to personal computer and server hardware and software.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to grasp objects; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop kneel, or crouch; speak or listen. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position may require some travel for conferences, committee meetings, and other Bank activities or events. Regular and predictable attendance is required. Ability to work weekends and overtime as requested.
PREFERRED TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION:
- Two years at an accredited college or university with an emphasis in MIS or related courses OR two years of progressively responsible work experience in an IT setting.
- One (1) year experience working in a multi-server network environment demonstrating a working knowledge of enterprise LANs; WANs; SANs/NAS; networking theory; and server maintenance.
- Experience working with current Windows Server and PC operating systems.
- Experience working with Microsoft Active Directory and related management tools.
- Experience with Cisco network hardware.
- UNIX/LINUX experience.
- Microsoft Certification.
- Network diagnostics and forensics.
- Basic knowledge of banking.