Festival Transportation Ticket Seller
Reports to: Transportation Coordinator
Assist the Transportation Coordinator in creating a positive festival experience for patrons of Musikfest, as well as delivering outstanding customer service to our patrons, volunteers, transportation providers, and non-profit organizations while manning transportation ticket area.
- Responsible for providing outstanding customer service to Musikfest Patrons
- Become familiar with Musikfest activities, locations, and services in order to accurately communicate with patrons and volunteers to provide the necessary information for a positive festival experience
- Sell transportation tickets, handle cash, maintain records and accountability
- Act as a back-up for the transportation team as needed, assisting with access control to restricted parking lots
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Previous customer service experience preferred; ability to communicate in a friendly manner with customers, staff, and volunteers.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, etc.).
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift items up to 25 pounds frequently, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to kneel, stoop, bend, lift, push, pull, pinch, grip, reach overhead, reach away from the body, and repetitive motion;
- Ability to communicate verbally, see, hear, smell, feel (identify objects by touch), depth perception and color vision;
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate clear guidelines and work at a quick pace, particularly during events and other functions.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language at a level adequate to perform the job; bi-lingual in Spanish and/or Asian dialect is a plus.
- Previous cash handling experience preferred
Dates/Hours of Operation: Must be available to work between the hours of 11 AM until 11:30 PM during the days of the festival, August 2nd through the 11th, 2019.
- Fest training dates between July 16th and July 29th, 2019
- Musikfest - August 2nd – 11th, 2019
- Tear down the week of August 12th through the 16th
- Hours: 11:30 AM until 11:30 PM (in shifts, for example) 11:30 AM until 5 PM, 4:30 PM until 11:30 PM or 11:30 AM until 4 PM, 3:30 PM to 8 PM, 7:30 PM until 11:30 PM or any variation dependent on the number of people involved and their availability).
Note: This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job.
FLSA Status: Hourly
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ArtsQuest is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled