The Project Manager is responsible for managing and implementing the project’s activities to include delegating activities and ensuring their completion on time. Ensures proper communication with all departments so a realistic time frame is shared with the client and team members and project is completed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Meets with the client to gather data and to perform a business analysis to determine project expectations.
- Defines the requirements of each project received; Develops, monitors, and updates the project timeline to include individual team member responsibility matrix, timeline for task completion, and project guidelines. Communicates with team members to ensure deadlines are being met.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
- Works closely with analysts, software designers, and other staff members and communicates the progress of the project, taking action accordingly.
- Ensures go-live dates are adjusted if needed due to missed deadline dates by the client or other circumstances. Communicates to the client the adjusted date.
- Recommends staffing needs to senior management based on project deadlines.
- Prioritizes projects to be completed.
- Performs QA to ensure all parameters are met before transferring the project to customer service.
- Recommends new processes to create more efficient project processes. Trains and implements team members once approved.
- Troubleshoots errors that occur with customer files.
- Documents and manages customer relationships and developments to ensure the customer requirements are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or related business management degree required; 6 years prior IT; 5 years prior experience in project management. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Strong leadership skills required; must be able to coordinate the work of others effectively.
- Must have strong planning skills with the ability to think proactively. Must be organized and able to prioritize.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required; Must be able to speak with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent customer relationship skills required; ability to problem solve.
- Strong attention to detail; ability to comprehend new materials.
- Strong personal computer skills that include the ability to send/receive email messages, post information to a database or spreadsheet, and perform basic word processing, bookkeeping, and/or data entry. Ability to create spreadsheets, graphics, reports, using standard software applications. Proficient in Office suite as well as project management tools such as MS project and JIRA.
- Experience with various styles of project planning, management, and execution including, Waterfall, Agile, and SCRUM philosophies.
- Able to meet deadlines while effectively multitasking.
Directly supervises the schedules of multiple development teams, including offshore and client-based elements. Reports directory to Director of IT providing an accurate status of projects, project needs and issue tracking with suggested resolutions.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is:
- Regularly required to hear, have a repetitive motion of hands or writs; and finger, grasp, handle or feel.
- Frequently required to sit, and talk. Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk; reach with arms and/or hands; crouch, bend or kneel, and climb. Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.