The Collections Specialist maintains accounts receivable records by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitor customer accounts and make collection phone calls to past due accounts under the supervision of the Manager of Revenue Accounting.
- Regularly report to the Manager of Revenue Accounting progress of collections on past due accounts.
- Make customer account adjustments when required.
- Obtain and mail invoice copies for customers, as requested.
- Obtain POD’s for customers as requested.
- Research and process customer claims of invoice payment, unauthorized deductions, and returned checks.
- Answer accounts receivable phone inquiries and follow up on same.
- Call and/or mail correspondence to customers as necessary in order to update accounts.
- Set up new customers.
- Raise credit limits as requested when appropriate.
- Advise LAE’s and Salesmen of delinquent customers.
- Assist with related special projects, as required.
- Demonstrates support to the Epes Carriers, Inc. Quality Management System and its objectives, as applicable.
- Work with the Vice President of Quality to establish and promote a true quality improvement process to include the Quality Management Systemat the company with the involvement of all personnel.
- Ability to read and comprehend general instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and speak before groups of employees and outside consultants and respond to questions/comments from the same.
OTHER NECESSARY SKILLS
- Ability to work independently. Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter.
- Ability to plan and organize workload. Ability to handle very detailed information.
- Ability and flexibility to handle work pressure and work with interruptions.
- Ability to meet work processes deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to function as a team player.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, employees, vendors, consultants, and auditors.
- Willing to learn and accept responsibility.
- Strong knowledge of acceptable Epes Logistics Services, Inc. standards.
- Strong analytical and problem analysis skills. Ability to audit and screen reports for errors.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with employees, vendors, and customers.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Excellent oral, written, and listening skills.
- Ability to integrate and analyze data.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and have general knowledge of the accounting process.