Summary of Position: The Catering Manager is responsible for soliciting, securing, coordinating and managing catering events for Neuman Hotel Group. The ideal candidate has a friendly demeanor, can multi-task in a timely and effective manner, and demonstrates excellent customer service and problem-solving skills. The Catering Manager must be a highly motivated individual, has experience with large corporate and social events/weddings and familiarity with the market in Southern Oregon.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively solicit new business opportunities by conducting effective sales to reach and exceed budgeted sales goals including weekly cold calls, communicating with former clients, and developing new business opportunities in all accounts including corporate, medical, social, government, pharmaceutical, and other.
- Use budget data to correctly forecast each quarter and achieve or exceed forecasted numbers
- Conduct property tours and meetings with potential clients.
- Timely (within 24 hours) response to any client inquiries (phone, email, face to face)
- As a primary catering lead recipient, qualify business and establish the potential impact to the business.
- Issue custom proposals and contractual agreements for the Catering business.
- Use Maestro Property Management System to keep track of sales inquiries, all event details including banquet event orders (BEOs)
- Communicate with each event Contact: negotiating the contract, signing the contract and returning the contract with the receipt for deposit (where applicable), detailing BEOs.
- Communicating group requests, details etc. with other departments including the kitchen, banquets department, front desk and maintenance – when applicable.
- Collaborate with the Sales Manager on selling, contracting, and upselling.
- Keeping records of all communication with the client.
- Attending all mandatory meetings.
- Be involved in the community, professional organizations to positively influence the community while also searching for potential customers.
- Follow procedures established in the Sales office, including the filing system.
- Ensure Neuman Hotel Group appearance and branding standards.
- Establish a relationship with all customers to solicit future business.
- Maintain a good working relationship with other departments, employees, and guests
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire employees to meet and exceed standards.
- Supervise, develop and guide Catering Associate making sure they reach their potential and fully support Catering & Sales Department
- Promote employee empowerment and engagement.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Professionally deal with difficult situations/people; conflict resolutions skills.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Assistant General Manager and/or Director of Sales and Marketing
- A degree in hospitality or business management is an asset but not required
- Minimum 2 years related sales experience specific to catering and hospitality industry
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage operations, service standards, corporate/wedding events, guest relations, and etiquette.
- Familiarity of the hospitality, food/beverage and catering market in Southern Oregon is highly preferred.
- Must be extremely detail oriented, organized and have excellent time management skills.
- Ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working across departments and thrives in a fast-past, and at times demanding, environment.
- Proactive sales approach; assertive and driven to succeed
- Candidate must expect to work extended hours, often including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and be willing to perform other job-related tasks that may not be included in this job description.
Neuman Hotel Group offers our employees a generous medical/dental/vision benefits package, 401k plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), gym membership discounts and excellent discounts to our hotels, restaurants, and spa.