For over 40 years, Hydrofarm has helped growers make growing easier and more productive. And while we have been around for over four decades, we’re not done yet! We continue to grow and expand our operations - bringing the best talent and capabilities to keep pace with our aspirations in the market. Our mission is to empower growers, farmers and cultivators with products that enable greater quality, efficiency, consistency, and speed in their grow projects.
We believe that people matter most - because it is our people who drive our business, engage with our customers and continue transforming our company.
We are currently looking for Lab Technician
- Perform quality control (QC) testing of raw materials, finished products, and research & development materials using digestion and extraction methodology.
- Record and analyze results in a timely manner on ICP-OES, FIA, LECO TruMac CN, HPLC, pH, EC, TDS instruments.
- Assist with calibrating and maintaining laboratory equipment.
- Prepare standards, reagents, and rinses prior to analysis
- Follow all company policies and procedures to ensure product integrity and quality control
- Recognize and report any quality issues
- Completes projects or special tasks in a collaborative setting given by the lab manager
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Reports to laboratory manager
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in chemistry, biology or related field.
- Minimum of 16 credit hours in chemistry
- 1 year of experience in an environmental lab or closely related lab experience is highly desired
- Knowledge of basic practices and methods of chemical and physical testing and analysis.
- Knowledge of laboratory and field safety and equipment and material care and maintenance.
- Knowledge and 1 yr prior experience with various analytical or biological equipment, instruments, or methodologies
- Read and interpret a variety of meters, gauges and graphs
- Maintain and update routine records and logs
- Follow oral and written directions
- Attention to detail
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Takes safety seriously
More information? Check us out - https://investors.hydrofarm.com/ If you are aligned with our mission and beliefs, let's connect.
Hydrofarm is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin , ancestry, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, religious creed, disability, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, denial of family and medical care leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position