The Outdoor Venue Manager is responsible for resort recreation operations including developing, planning, promoting and leading events and activities for members and guests. Provides leadership for the daily operations of outdoor amenities and supervision of staff. Maintains service standards and cleanliness of outdoor amenities including the marina, cabana, beach, and pools.
- Develop long-range recreational programs using the resort’s natural resources such as lakes, streams, mountains, and trails.
- Provide leadership, assign and supervise the activities of outdoor amenities staff.
- Order, receive, stock and inventory supplies and merchandise for outdoor retail outlets.
- Manage outdoor equipment usage and ensure adherence to established laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ensure the safe and efficient operations of all outdoor events and activities.
- Perform periodic inspections of all outdoor venue areas to ensure functionality and cleanliness.
- Assume responsibility for cash bank and daily deposits.
- Establish and implement working-level processes and procedures to meet business objectives.
- Assist with preparation of the annual departmental budget, direct the expenditure of funds and the general maintenance of all outdoor amenities.
- Complete daily reports and logs as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to work independently, anticipate customer’s needs and multi-task with frequent interruptions.
- Requires analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional verbal, written and organizational skills required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid driver’s license, as some local travel is required.
- Demonstrates teamwork and customer service focus.
- General knowledge of maintenance repairs.
- Ability to use creativity and flexibility while performing and assigning tasks.
- Flexibility to work a varied time schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to swim on an intermediate level.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; bend; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and occasionally lift 50-75lbs. Must be able to withstand working in a variety of weather conditions including sunlight and a hot/humid summer climate.
- Minimum of 3 years in a management position.
- 2 years previous Marina experience preferred.
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent required.
- Associates degree with an emphasis on recreation preferred.
- Certified CPR, Lifesaving Certificate, and/or First Aid Certificate and Safe Boating Certification required.
Rumbling Bald Resort is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled