Job Title: Office Engineer I / Document Configuration and Management Specialist
Location: Alexandria, VA
Hours: Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week
Type of Hire: Contract – 1 year with potential for extensions
Pay: $20 - $25/hr depending on experience
Start Date: ASAP
- Scan existing hard copy documentation into an electronic format that is readable and contains metadata that conforms to the clients’ document configuration.
- Loading/unloading and transporting file cabinets from the client’s Geomatics Office file storage location on the 1st floor to the file archiving location on the 2nd floor utilizing a hand truck.
- Scanning hard copy historical documents into a digital format.
- Following the file naming convention.
- Saving the scanned documents in the appropriate digital folder, in accordance with the digital file structure provided by the client.
- Performing a quality control check to ensure that each digital file is scanned properly hard copy documents are returned once scanned to the original paper file folder.
- Returning each file cabinet to the 1st floor file storage location once all the documents have been scanned.
Qualifications / Selection Criteria:
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience, which shall include the following:
- Managing moving construction documentation from the Design Phase through the Bidding Phase.
- Managing moving construction documentation from the Bidding Phase through Award.
- Managing moving construction documentation from Award through construction to Closeout and final turnover to Owner.
- Experience working with documents, hard copy and digital, and file management.
- Competency with organizational skills.
- Experience performing quality control checks.
- Ability to scan documents that range in size.
- Ability to clearly and professionally communicate both verbally and written.
- Ability to follow directions after receiving the project orientation criteria and work flow instructions.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to lift a maximum weight of fifty (50) pounds.
- Experience working with secure contract documents, reports, and plans of infrastructure that may be classified as sensitive information.
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Ability to work independently.
- Previous historical document archiving experience preferred.
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.