Open the door to a career with the largest Mississippi based property management company! Heritage Properties Incorporated is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Lead Maintenance Tech at The Pointe Apartment Homes, a beautiful, 168 unit conventional apartment community, in Gautier, MS. If you have a proven track record of successful apartment maintenance operations, Heritage Properties invites you to apply for this position. A minimum of 3 years of experience and EPA certification is required.
The Lead Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of the community at all times. This involves ensuring a clean and well-maintained living environment for residents, visitors, and staff.
Responsibilities and Duties
HVAC repairs and installation, light electrical duties, basic plumbing, general building maintenance, and troubleshooting, make ready scheduling, pool maintenance, and the ability to take call for emergencies after hours. Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g., OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.
Diagnoses and performs on a daily basis minor and routine maintenance/repair involving the following:
- Electrical and plumbing (including water lines).
- A/C and heating systems.
- Water irrigation systems.
- Interior/exterior lights.
- Pool areas, tile, jacuzzi, pool furniture.
- Ensures that all make-ready repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule.
- Reports all major repairs and requisitions to the manager prior to any expenditure of funds.
- Possesses knowledge of budget and budget compliance.
- Assists in keeping grounds neat and free of litter. Rakes, sweeps, shovels as circumstances warrant.
- Performs any additional duties assigned by the manager or property supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
- Position requires at least 3 years’ experience in property maintenance or equivalent field.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Customer service experience.
- Type 1 and 2 EPA certification required.
- CPO certificate a plus.
- Competitive pay.
- $500 Sign on bonus after 90 days
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Paid time off.
- 401K after one year.
- Opportunity for growth.