Help Desk Specialist
Job Title: Help Desk Specialist
Location: Dayton, OH
Hours: Full Time Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week
Pay: $24 - $26/hour with potential to increase upon permanent hire
Type of Hire: 6 month temp to hire (1,000 hours)
U.S. Citizenship REQUIRED
Active Secret Clearance REQUIRED
Active Security+ Certification REQUIRED
• Install, configure, test, deploy, manage and maintain all segments and elements of the system’s networks, telephones, fax devices and voicemail including communications interfaces to internal or external networks and/or telephone and voicemail systems.
• Provide prompt, professional, customer-friendly, first-line IT support for customers at all times.
• Unpack, configure and install computer workstations, tablets/mobile computing devices, monitors, laptops, printers, scanners, telephones, fax devices and other peripherals while disposing of unneeded trash and packing materials; install and configure only approved software applications/packages and patches, updates or other downward-directed network order changes to include required Computer Emergency Response Team advisories and telewall exception request.
• Install patches, updates and make configuration changes to comply with policies and Information Assurance/Cybersecurity Liaison Officer direction.
• Troubleshoot IT equipment, computers, systems, tablets/mobile computing devices, monitors, printers, scanners, telephone and fax devices, networks and other devices, software, hardware, and peripherals; perform basic problem- isolation procedures to detect and identify problem cause(s) and implement the needed corrective actions to restore mission capability.
• Maintain responsibility for preparing, managing and accounting for computer, telephone and fax equipment and documentation for shipment or turn-in to the Defense Reutilization and Marketing Office (DRMO); actions include assisting with remanence security procedures, palletizing equipment, and associated documentation.
• Adhere to all policies and guidelines with special emphasis on those relating to network, computer and telecommunications security.
• Schedule, coordinate, set-up, and configure video teleconferences (VTC), teleconferences, webinars and other web cam requirements as required.
Minimum Educational Requirements (one of the following):
• B.S. in a Computer-related area and 1 year of relevant work experience
• Any Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years relevant work experience
• Associates Degree in a Computer-related area and 4 years relevant work experience
• High School diploma and 5 years computer-related experience
• Experience with network operating systems and applications, network planning and installation, basic telephone, fax, voicemail set up and use is required.
• Experience with military medical IT systems and software applications, to include the Defense Research Engineering Network, VTCs and medical systems or software is preferred. A few examples include: Tandberg, Cisco and Polycom VTCs, Digital Dental Radiology System, AF Radiation Dosimetry System, Defense Medical Logistics Supply System and software applications such as Freezerworks, Epi Info, IBM SPSS Statistics, Hazardous Air Pollutants on Site (HAPSITE), and Hazardous Material Information Resource System (HMIRS).
• Security + certification is required for all IT support technicians
• Active Secret Clearance Required
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.