WE’RE STILL HIRING!
Terracon Geotechnique Ltd. – an employee
owned, Alberta based company, are looking for a Civil Field Technologist. Are you a highly motivated
would like to be part of a high-performing team? Apply today!
What you Can Expect
You’ll be able to apply your experience and technical abilities towards projects involving construction monitoring, QA/QC monitoring, soils engineering, drill monitoring and soil description, site investigations, foundation inspections, soils and concrete lab testing for a variety of clients. This is a field-based project position which requires close attention to safety, quality and client focus. Each employee is empowered to represent Terracon and develop a rapport with new and existing clients.
These positions require you to live and work in Fort McMurray.
You’ll be Doing
- Soils engineering and soils testing
- Earthwork and concrete testing
- Performing quality control testing
- Monitoring, documenting and verifying that the client construction meets design specifications
- Provide client representatives with field and lab testing results, and monitor sub-contractor adherence to design specifications
- Construction monitoring and reporting on the installation of construction
- Piling inspections
What We’re Looking For
- Degree/Diploma in Civil Engineering, Geosciences or Technology, or an equivalent combination of education and field experience.
- 2 + years of experience in a technical field-base role
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Civil construction industry experience an asset
- Ability to drive a 4x4 off road
- BSO, H2S & CCIL certification are considered assets
- Preference will be given to those who have a membership with ASET or APEGA
- Preference will be given to those who have previous oil sands experience
Terracon’s Mission, Vision, and Values
Terracon Geotechnique Ltd. is committed to achieving peerless safety and
environmental benchmarks. We are responsible citizens who are driven by
professional integrity and dedicated to extraordinary service. Every team
member pledges to establish lasting relationships with our clients by exceeding
contractual obligations, and trust through exceptional performance. We help the
resource industry enhance their efficiency, accountability, and environmentally
Why Work for Terracon?
Come work for a forward-thinking safety culture and gain a rewarding
career in business development of technical services as well as exposure to
diverse and interesting earth science related projects! You can expect to work
with a wide range of well-trained, safety conscious, professional engineers,
geoscientists and technologists on various key projects. We offer a
competitive employee package including company-paid benefit plan, employee
incentives, and RRSP savings plan. Apply to learn more about your future
Connect with us!
Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn to stay up to date with
job opportunities, safety tips, and general information.
Terracon is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from
those who would contribute to the further diversification of our employees and
clients including but not limited to Indigenous peoples, women, persons with
disabilities and person of any ethnic and national or socio-economic
Please note only successful candidates will be