The Executive Coordinator will be responsible for administering the day to day operation of the Executive Office while consistently offering professional, friendly, and engaging service. An ideal candidate for this role has great communication skills with a positive demeanor and the ability to multi-task and work well with others. This exempt-level position requires you to perform office work directly related to MCR’s business operations including:
- Project management
- Creating systems to help keep all data and information organized & up to date
- Working on larger events, projects, and initiatives as requested
- Other high-level responsibilities assigned by the leadership team
- Support the GM in day-to-day activities including arrivals, scheduling of appointments for the day and email correspondence.
- Greet persons entering the office, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct/escort to destination.
- Open, read, and prepare answers to routine inquiries. Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
- Take and distribute meeting minutes to appropriate individuals.
- Maintain and create computer- and paper-based filing and organization systems for records, reports, etc.
- Transmit information or documents using a computer
- Prepare letters, memos, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentations
- Enter and retrieve information contained in computer databases to update records, files, reservations, and answer inquiries from guests.
- Operate standard office equipment other than computers such as telephone, photocopier, and electronic peripherals.
- Document and communicate all guest requests/complaints to appropriate personnel.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and team members using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Handle sensitive issues with team members and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Support all team members and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other team members and departments
- Assist departmental leaders in completing special projects as required.
- Additional duties as assigned by Manager
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
- At least 2 years of related work experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- An aptitude for self-motivation
- A can-do attitude and a hands-on approach
- A flexible schedule that allows you to be available days, nights, holidays and weekends based on the demands of the hotel
About TWA Hotel
The TWA Hotel at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City s owned and operated by MCR, the sixth largest hotel owner-operator in the United States with a $2.0 billion portfolio of 85 premium-branded hotels across 26 states and 67 cities, including 50 Marriott properties, 30 Hilton properties, and The High Line Hotel in downtown Manhattan. The company’s innovative approach to guest services and unparalleled attention to detail are redefining the hotel experience and earning recognition from publications including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure. MCR is an equal opportunity employer of more than 2,500 associates and is dedicated to providing an integrity-driven, merit-based working environment. Consistently honored with excellence awards, the company was named one of the United States top owners in 2018 by Hotel Business. For more information on MCR, please visit www.mcrhotels.com