Sous Chef (ref 1031)
Positions are available in the following positions with a start date of March-April 2022
- Sous Chef – Lakeside Dining & our new Manteo Restaurant!
Under the direction of the Executive Chef the Sous Chef is devoted to all aspects of food preparation to facilitate the creation of truly spectacular cuisine. The role of the Sous Chef is to assist the kitchen management team with implementing and maintaining quality standards, while ensuring all kitchen policies, procedures, service, and safety standards are adhered to. The Sous Chef will assist with monitoring the daily functions of the culinary department, including providing support, guidance, and training to the culinary team, ending in a positive guest experience.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Executive Chef by assuming basic management responsibilities, supervise the day-to-day functions of kitchen employees, and contribute to maximizing the overall profit and performance of the Food and Beverage department
- Assume the role of liaison between all departments within the culinary division and all other hotel departments
- Ensure the consistency and quality of all meals created (seasoning, portion size, appearance)
- Supervise the preparation and cooking of various food items
- Assist Executive Chef with developing and implementing creative menu items that adhere to company standards
- Manage hourly kitchen employees through recording hours for payroll, scheduling, training, coaching, and evaluating
- Prepare and train culinary staff on the preparation, presentation of foods such as salads, sauces, soups, butchering, etc.
- Lead and coach the team towards achieving exceptional guest service and employee satisfaction results
- Monitor food production, ordering, cost, quality, and consistency on a daily basis
- Ensure proper safety and sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost
- Contribute to the morale and well-being of the kitchen team by exemplifying Eldorado Resort values
- Create a friendly, professional environment that inspires teamwork
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- In-depth skills and knowledge of all kitchen operations
- High school degree or its equivalent
- Certification of Culinary Training
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a first-class culinary environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role in a fast paced, fine dining environment
- Possess strong leadership, organization, and relationship skills
- Experience with training, basic financial management and customer service
- Excellent technical knowledge of contemporary cooking styles and ingredients
- Proficient in general computer knowledge
- A true desire to exceed guest expectations in a fast-paced customer service environment
- Capable of producing a consistent product in a timely manner and in a high-pressure environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
WORK CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES:
- Fast paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Lifting heavy loads
- Standing for extended periods
- Attention to detail
To apply please submit your resume and complete the Questionnaire.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position