Heritage Pointe of Huntington will be hosting a CNA Training Course beginning June 1, 2020 and concluding June 30, 2020.
- Students must be able to write in English.
- Students must be able to add and subtract.
- Attendance at all sessions is required. If you are absent for any reason during the program, you may be terminated from the program.
- Must be at least 30 hours.
- Must meet the course standards.
- Must be at least 75 hours.
- Must utilize the Resident Care Procedures (RCP) checklists.
- Must be under the general supervision of the Program Director
- Must be supervised by a licensed nurse.
- Must utilize the state approved testing entity for final testing.
- Testing applications must be submitted to the testing entity within 30 days after completion of the classroom and clinical experience.
- Students may wear appropriate street clothes from June 1 - June 12 for classroom instruction. Beginning June 15, students must be in uniform (scrubs) for all clinicals. The dress code for students in clinicals is the same as for all employees.
- Cell phones must be off and used only during break and meal times during the entire course.
- Students are required to have a physical exam, including a drug screen, prior to starting the training program. Each student must receive a two-step mantoux test. The first one must be completed before the training program begins and the second one two weeks later. The skin test must be read (checked) 48 - 72 hours later. If they are not checked in a timely manner, they will be repeated.
- A quiz will be given at the end of each lesson. Each quiz must be passed with a score of 80% within three attempts. A hundred question final exam must be passed with a score of 80% within three attempts before beginning the clinicals. It is your responsibility to follow up with the instructor on any quiz retakes. You will not be permitted to take the final exam until all quizzes have been successfully completed. The quiz scores will be averaged for a final quiz score. The final quiz score will be averaged with the final exam score for a final grade.
A = 94 - 100 %
B = 87 - 93 %
C = 80 - 86 %
79 % or below is failing.
CLINICAL SKILLS (RESIDENT CARE PROCEDURES)
- You must successfully demonstrate all resident care procedures to pass the clinical portion of the class. If you are unable to successfully complete the RCP's. You will be terminated from the class.
Upon successfully completing the CNA Training Course, Heritage Pointe of Huntington will evaluate each student for possible continued employment. Future employment is not guaranteed.
Heritage Pointe of Huntington is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled