Paralegal- Non-Profit Law Firm
Legal Services of North Florida has an opening for a full-time (35 hours/ week) Paralegal in its Ft. Walton Beach office. Come work with great people who do hard work to better the lives of low-income and vulnerable individuals in our communities. Work for a non-profit law firm, with 95+ employees in six offices across North Florida, that seeks legal justice while understanding the value of work-life balance. Work independently and as part of a team to obtain positive results in civil legal matters for vulnerable members of our community.
Applicants should be a skilled typist and have excellent grammatical and computer skills. Highly qualified applicants will be a either:
- A Florida Registered Paralegal with the Florida Bar Association OR
- Have a four-year bachelors degree OR
- Completion of a legal assistant or paralegal program approved by the American Bar Association OR
- Year-for-year work experience as a legal assistant or legal secretary may be substituted for education requirement.
Ability to work independently and within a team environment is desired. Experience drafting letters, legal motions and orders is desired. Ability to analyze complex issues and to obtain results to positively impact client and community is desired. Preference for candidates with experience with client intake or client interviews. Ideal candidate will have experience with E-filing.
Entry level salary of $32,000 is negotiable, depending on experience.
Comprehensive fringe benefits package includes:
- A four day (35 hour) work week
- Paid time off includes: holidays, sick leave, and personal leave (which after two years, increases to four weeks per year)P
- 100% fully paid health insurance for employee & dependent children after 60 days of employment
- Employer paid life insurance policy of $25,000
- Employer contributes 6% to retirement/ 401K plan, after one year of full time service
- Additional voluntary options of dental, vision, term life, disability, and other insurance coverages are also available.
- Flexible Work Plans including remote work options available after 6 months of employment
Applicants must complete Legal Services of North Florida online employment application and submit a resume to be considered for this position.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, national origin, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position