The White Mountain Hotel & Resort is seeking an experienced full time, year round Maintenance Manager to join our team, taking over for our current manager who will be retiring this year. Work in a beautiful 4-star resort located at the base of Whitehorse Ledge in North Conway, NH that has an exciting future ahead as we begin construction on a 40 room addition that will take the resort to new heights.
This position requires skills in both verbal and written communication, computer competence, and delivery of stellar guest experience in addition to being able to manage and lead a department with three dedicated team members. If you are looking for a fun, fast paced environment we encourage you to apply today!
Excellent benefit package offered: Health & dental insurance, 401K, vacation and personal time, paid holiday time, use of resort amenities, and much more.
For additional information, please refer to the Job Description below:
Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Reports To: Assistant General Manager and General Manager
Position Summary: Lead a department in both general and preventative maintenance practices.
- Department supervision and leadership
- Hiring of staff in department
- Create and review weekly schedule for department
- Check and submit weekly payroll for department
- Contract negotiation with vendors
- Receive, track, and execute all maintenance requests
- Maintain all buildings and mechanical systems
- Installation, repair, and upkeep of hotel property, including machines and mechanical systems, buildings and other structures
- Assist other departments where and when needed or aid in general hotel operations in order to make sure hotel or events functions as seamlessly as possible.
Education Level: High School Degree
Experience: 3 years hotel / hospitality experience with a minimum of 2 years supervisory / management experience
- Drywall repair
- Central heating and air-conditioning
- Intermediate computer skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Qwerty Keyboard typing skills
Personal Characteristics: Professional appearance. Ability to read, write, understand and speak English. Ability to self manage and manage others.
Physical Abilities: Ability to lift 50+ pounds, and to stand for 8+ hours.