Peninsula Nursing and Rehab Center, a short term care/Long term care Nursing and Rehabilitation Center located in Far Rockaway, NY is actively seeking a Nursing Staffing Coordinator to join our dynamic team of professionals .
Position Summary: The Staffing Coordinator manages the operational and fiscal activities of the department to include: staffing levels, budgets, and financial goals. The role also includes responsibility for maintaining a current schedule for assignments of nursing staff that assures adequate coverage to meet the patient care needs of this facility.
- Staffing Coordinator experience in a nursing and rehabilitation center
- Ability to multi-task, think on your feet and prioritize in a demanding office environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills required with knowledge of Smartlinx software a plus
- Minimum Associates Degree
Responsibilities to include:
- Generating 28-day nursing department schedule
- Responsible for staff scheduling to include: work assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back up for absent employees, and shift rotations.
- Coordinates with Human Resources for appropriate staffing levels.
- Completes human resource paperwork as necessary.
- Plans and develops systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the department.
- Allocates and maintains an adequate staffing schedule/pattern to assure nursing coverage in order to meet daily patient care needs.
- Checks daily staffing pattern as scheduled on allocation sheets.
- Maintaining daily staffing levers per established par levels, utilizing a Smartlinx software program
- Excellent customer service etiquette and the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with employees and clients, both on the phone and in-person
- Be responsible for day-to-day staffing of cases, problem-solving, ensuring customer satisfaction
- Prepares payrolls for the current weekly period. Reconciles daily (or on the next business day) the number of scheduled staff with the number of employees who reported for duty, and makes adjustments as necessary
- Build and maintain relationships with contracts to grow business
Health and dental benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
We are EOE