Reports to: Housekeeping Manager
Summary of Position: The Property Attendant’s primary function is to assist with guest requests, clean public areas and banquet areas of the hotel, set up, provide repairs/maintenance requests and process the hotel and spa laundry. Will be required to drive the shuttle for guests when scheduled and perform Property Attendant duties between shuttle shifts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Our guests are the first priority. Greet all guests and quickly respond to special requests and deliveries. Our guests should wait no more than 10 min. from the time of the call for completion of the request.
- Perform shuttle services for guests when scheduled/called and drive in a safe and professional manner.
- Perform daily walkarounds of the shuttle van and clean van to ensure that it is always guest ready. Report any maintenance issues immediately to be addressed promptly.
- Respond to guest concerns, complaints or suggestions appropriately, referring them to management in support of providing superior guest service.
- Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or matters of significance.
- At all times projects a favorable image of the hotel to the public.
- Clean and dust the lobby and other public areas of the hotel.
- Clean banquet rooms when assigned: vacuum, dust, clean windows/mirrors, mop.
- Clean and restock public restrooms, ensuring toilets, urinals, sinks, partitions and floor are clean, disinfected and free of debris. Mirror is clean and free of spots and smudges. Trash is emptied.
- Clean and dust walls, doors/door jams, baseboards, handrails and railings throughout the hotel. Removing dirt, scuffs, and fingerprints.
- Clean inside elevators including the walls, doors (inside and outside) and trim, ensuring mirrors, control panel, and glass are spot and streak free. Vacuum elevator carpet.
- Offer information regarding the hotel and provide assistance to the guest as needed.
- Assist with laundry and/or maintenance when necessary
- Clean and polish luggage carts.
- Maintain safe working conditions within department and hotel.
- May gather waste and/or contaminated materials for disposal.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Previous guest service experience preferred, but not required
- Must have a valid driver license and clean driving history.
- A professional appearance and good personal hygiene must be maintained at all times
- Ability to take direction from different people
- Ability to push, pull and or lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules, including weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Ability to use various kinds of equipment safely
- Ability to take direction from different people from multiple departments
- Food Handlers Card or the ability to obtain within seven days of hire
- Willing to perform other job-related tasks that may not be included in this job description
- Must have a passion for hospitality and a commitment to exceptional guest service
- Must have excellent communication skills and can easily interact with strangers