The Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation uses the sport of hockey to foster academic and personal excellence among at-risk students in Philadelphia, PA and Camden, NJ. Primary learning opportunities include assisting with the development and delivery of academic programming and support at Snider Hockey facilities throughout the Greater Philadelphia area. The internship is conditional on the successful completion of a background check and availability provided during the interview.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate and execute education activities at Snider Hockey facilities in the Philadelphia area including academic, postsecondary, and life skills/healthy living programming.
- Build partnerships with local colleges and universities, elementary and high schools, and education-focused non-profits.
- Attend meetings, assist with internal and external inquiries, maintain databases, and conduct preliminary research.
- Build and maintain relationships with youth and their families.
- The position requires strong problem-solving skills, and candidates should be highly motivated to learn, research, and collaborate with academic staff.
- Candidates must be committed to the importance of education in helping young people be successful in life.
- Strong computer skills are needed.
- Housing and transportation are the responsibility of the student.
- Night/weekend responsibilities and travel in the Greater Philadelphia area are required.
Pay Status: This is an Unpaid Internship. No financial compensation is available, but students are eligible to receive academic credit.
- Yes / No: Do you have housing in the Philadelphia area?
- Yes / No: Do you have or are you able to acquire Pennsylvania and/or New Jersey Child Abuse Clearances?
Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled