Looking for a "hands-on" role in a fast-paced environment? Are you interested in working for a great company? Then you may be a terrific fit for our Housekeeping Professional position.
Iconic architecture, a thriving social scene, beautifully landscaped spaces and an array of top-notch services. Up to Par Management LLC selects only the most passionate and skilled hospitality professionals. Up to Par Management LLC is a premier management company creating lifetime memories for its members, guests, and associates through its profitable clubs, hotels, value-added services, and community relationships.
We are currently seeking a passionate individual for the position of Preparatory "Prep" Cook located within the Lexington Golf and Country Club.
We are looking for a professional Prep Cook able to attending to our facilities kitchen needs with integrity and attention to detail. The goal is to create an exceptional experience for our guests that will become a critical factor in maintaining and strengthening our reputation.
Lexington Golf and Country Club
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
- Assist Executive Chef
- Prepare food items ahead of time as requested, making sure not to prepare more than estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per the food standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designed storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss, and usage per standards.
- Receive and unpack items as they arrive from food vendors. Date all items as they arrive and pack them according to department standards.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- 18+ years old
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Reliable transportation required.
- Minimum of Two (2) years' restaurant or kitchen experience required.
- High level of professionalism.
- Comfortable working with a team in a fast-paced kitchen environment.
- Excellent verbal communication and organization skills.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
If this sounds like you, we want you to apply. We hope you are up for the challenge and excited to be part of a growing company.