Iconic architecture, a thriving culinary scene, beautifully landscaped spaces and an array of top-notch services. Up to Par Management LLC selects only the most passionate and skilled hospitality professionals. Up to Par Management LLC is a premier management company creating lifetime memories for its members, guests and associates through its profitable clubs, hotels, value-added services and community relationships.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic individual for the position of Prep Cook. We are a multi-outlet operation serving breakfast, brunch, dinner, and banquets in Lexington, VA. We are looking for someone who wants to grow their career and skills in a very fast paced, results driven, professional environment.
As a Prep Cook, you will be responsible for preparing food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe sanitary work environment. Responsible for helping achieve ongoing guest satisfaction and team goals.
- Assist Executive Chef
- Prepare food items ahead of time as requested, making sure not to prepare more than estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per the food standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designed storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss, and usage per standards.
- Receive and unpack items as they arrive from food vendors. Date all items as they arrive and pack them according to department standards.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- 18+ years old
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Reliable transportation required.
- Minimum of Two (2) years' restaurant or kitchen experience required.
- High level of professionalism.
- Comfortable working with a team in a fast-paced kitchen environment.
- Excellent verbal communication and organization skills.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
If this sounds like you, we want you to apply. We hope you are up for the challenge and excited to be part of a growing company.