Looking for a "hands-on" role in a fast-paced environment? Are you interested in working for a great company? Then you may be a terrific fit for our Banquet Supervisor position. Come and join the Up To Par team at Regency at Dominion Valley!
If you want to kickstart your career in the restaurant industry and be part of the behind-the-scenes operations, we want you to apply!
Regency at Dominion Valley is a thoughtfully tailored property to the people who live, work and visit this Northern VA and District of Columbia area. Our associates understand the needs and want of our guests and can address them without hesitation. They create a personalized experience for each person who visits Regency at Dominion Valley and supports one another in doing so. If you have a passion for pleasing others, a get it done mentality and are looking for an opportunity to make a difference every day by positively impacting the lives of others.
From our Family to Yours we deliver exceptional experiences every step of the way is our Service Promise!
We are actively recruiting a Banquet Supervisor to help us reach the next level of service. We are looking for a Banquet Supervisor to join our team immediately. Someone who is invested in providing exceptional experiences to our members and guests while developing "the place to be" in Haymarket, VA. Would you like to work with an outstanding team? If all of this is exciting to you, please attach your resume.
Regency at Dominion Valley Country Club
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
Under general supervision, provides prompt and courteous food service to restaurant customers.
- The Banquet Supervisor will work with all member, resident, outside events, and golf outings at Regency at Dominion Valley Country Club and the daily administrative duties related to banquet events.
- Manage Event set-up, day-of coordination, as well as coordination with vendors, delivery and client needs.
- Plan and coordinate details of catered events to include determining specifications and quantities of goods to order, determining manpower levels, recommending personnel assignments, scheduling space and facilities, and communicating menu information to production staff.
- Coordinate rental items needed for events, developing timelines, floor plans, menus, and banquet event orders.
- Develop, implement and monitor standards of service and coordinate catering activities to ensure that a high quality of production and service is consistently maintained.
- Banquet Supervisor will oversee, train and ensure the performance of the Banquet Staff so that all procedures are completed to Up to Par standards.
- Banquet Supervisor to assist with administrative duties including but not limited to event critiques, create flow diagrams, assign sections and create buffet labels.
- Banquet Supervisor will supervise Food and Beverage services to ensure consistency throughout all events.
- Meet prior to events to inform staff about event particulars and expectations.
- Assist where necessary to ensure exceptional service to members and guests.
- Greet Clients in charge and respond to requests.
- Supervise banquet rooms set-up and clean-up.
- Banquet Supervisor must be flexible, open-minded, and adaptable to change, with strong organizational, management and time management skills.
- Additionally, must be able to interact well with guests, members, management, and staff associates in a professional manner.
- Intelligent in grasping and integrating new information. An active learner with a strong sense of confidence. Has natural instincts and insight for finding the best solution to unclear situations, issues, and problems. Considers multiples resources and methods for analyzing problems.
- Makes great decisions.
- Is effective in prioritizing work; consistently manages time and processes to create maximum efficiency with minimum disruption or redundancy. Is time sensitive, understands how work and processes fit in with other departmental or business priorities and objectives. Is able to adjust work to accommodate expected and unexpected changes. Is able to gauge progress with respect to overall impact and results.
- Can think and act independently with confidence. Has personal fortitude and integrity when faced with challenges.
- Energetic and takes initiative. Is pro-active and persistent in pursuing and completing tasks. Strives to exceed expectations and goals.
- Welcoming and warm personality. Able to engage easily and actively connect with others. Is genuinely caring and compassionate; visibly demonstrates the desire to understand others. Creates confidence and trust with others, is socially aware of self and others and is known for communicating the right message at the right time. Utilizes a variety of approaches and communication techniques tailored to each situation. Is comfortable in conversing with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and at all organizational levels. Is direct yet tactful and considerate of the audience. Positively accepts and provides feedback.
- Proficient in position required job skills and knowledge.
- Must have basic knowledge of customer service principles, the food server function, and restaurant and kitchen operations. Must know standard cash-handling procedures. Must be fluent in oral and written English. Must have vision ability to clearly see detailed guest checks, computer printouts, written instructions and to observe entire restaurant in dimly lit conditions.
- Must have the manual coordination to punch buttons, grasp items in hand, and to balance and carry trays loaded with food and beverages.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying up to 50 lbs. to include serving trays, carts, tables, chairs, and small equipment up to 75% of the time.
- Balancing, stooping kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching handling, fingering throughout the shift.
- Mobility -full range of mobility and the ability to travel up to 300 feet on a regular basis throughout the shift.
- Continuous standing -during preparation, during service hours or during expediting.
- Must have a moderate hearing to hear customers, supervisors, and communicate with other staff.
- Must have excellent vision to see that product is prepared appropriately.
- Must have moderate comprehension and literacy to read use records and all special requests.
- Must have the ability to perform multiple tasks at one time, must be able to follow verbal and written instruction, and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must be highly organized and able to pay attention to sound and sight details in crowded and noisy situations, particularly when handling multiple tasks.
- Must be able to use tact and understanding when dealing with a variety of customer service problems, including stressful and highly emotional situations.
High school education or equivalent.
Previous experience in a similar position of 6 months or longer.
Computerized order machine, basic writing materials, restaurant equipment including but not limited to coffee machines, ice machines, toasters, and beverage dispensers.
Physically strenuous -prolonged standing, walking, lifting and carrying throughout entire shift in indoor environment.
Full Time - Regular
Up to Par Management/Taylor Hospitality is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club and hospitality operations. Up to Par is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner clubs, hotels, restaurants, and associates. Up to Par exists to positively impact others through our platform of professionally managed clubs, hotels, and restaurants by living our core values of ECHO Teamwork and culture of continuous improvement. Our commitment to career development has created loyalty that enables us to perpetuate our Be Exceptional atmosphere.