JOB TITLE: Business Manager / St. Agnes West Chester, PA
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full-time; Exempt
REPORTS TO: Pastor
Normal Work Days/Hours
Monday through Friday – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (60 minutes for lunch)
Saturday and Sunday – days off
Reporting to the Pastor, the Business Manager is responsible for supervision and management of financial and accounting functions, human resources functions, facilities and office operational functions, administrative functions, and the related processes and systems for the Parish.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Budgeting and Financial Control
- Financial Records and Reporting
- Funds Management
- Personnel and Human Resources Compliance
- AOP Liaison and Compliance
- Facilities and Office Management
- Other Duties, as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Requires significant coordination with other Parish staff, participation in staff planning and operational meetings and significant interaction with the Pastor and the various vendors and parish advisory councils. Must be sensitive to the nature of the information he or she has access to and must treat it confidentially.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting principles in a non-profit environment.
- Demonstrated experience with fiscal planning and management, general accounting and payroll.
- Knowledge and experience in the human resources function including management of employee benefit plans and compliance with HR guidelines and regulations.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal skills and public relation skills.
- Competence in the use of various computer software programs (including Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks); ability to learn custom church software (i.e. PDS) necessary.
- Experience leading and recruiting volunteers.
- Dependable, highly-organized and able to work independently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively and professionally with the Pastor, the Deacons and other clergies, School Principal, Director of Religious Education, Director of Facilities, Parish Pastoral Council and Parish Finance Council, parish and school leadership, volunteers, parishioners, and community.
- Ability to provide (or obtain prior to employment) clearances required by Pennsylvania and the Archdiocese such as Mandatory Reporter, Criminal Background check, and Safe Environment Clearances.
- Ability to lift packages up to 20 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Management or Accounting with at least 5 years’ experience in these or similar fields.
- Prior experience working in a Catholic parish or school setting is helpful, as is a strong knowledge of the Catholic Church.
PLEASE SEND RESUME:
Acceptable Formats: DOC, PDF, TXT, HTML or WPS formats.