We are looking for a Market Clerk for our W Lynn Fresh Plus Grocery location!
- Cuts all meats, Has advanced level knowledge of meat cuts, including special cuts.
- Uses meat grinders, slicers, knives, power saws, and tenderizers in a safe manner.
- Monitors cooler and display cases for proper temperatures and report problems.
- Cleans/maintain work area; knows procedures for proper cleaning of equipment; cleans and sanitizes cutting surfaces often and at appropriate times.
- Offers suggestions to customers to provide alternatives assists customers with special requests and answer questions about meat products and services.
- Ensures proper inventory control and product rotation to maximize product freshness and availability, while minimizing waste.
- Serves as a positive role model to others in the department
- Maintains a positive attitude with co-workers and managers.
- Informs department manager of product that is needed and learns the process for ordering.
- Exercise safe food handling practices to prevent cross-contamination of product.
- Exercise proper safety practices of all equipment.
- Comply with all safety and company guidelines.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark-downs or property defacement.
- Present favorable impression in dress, personal hygiene and business attitude.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma.
- Advanced knowledge of meat products.
- Must be able to work varied, irregular hours.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to lift/carry product weighing up to 80 lbs., pushing and pulling up to 200 lbs.
- Must be able to stand continuously on tile/concrete, walk-on tile/concrete, reach overhead, see and hear.
- Must be able to climb up to 8-foot height, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, talk, and smell.
- Depending on full or part-time status, benefits may include medical, dental, vision, vacation & sick time.
FRES - Fresh Plus Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled