(Apt. Team) - Behavioral Health Counselor
Community Hope, Inc. Boonton, NJ $17.00 per hour
Do you want to work in a friendly, professional and supportive organization? Do you want to make a difference in someone's life everyday!? If so, COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
4 WEEKS Paid-Time Off!, Birthday Holiday PLUS MORE!
To ensure the safety of people we serve and our workforce, we require employee’s proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Unvaccinated employees must participate in COVID-19 testing at minimum one to two times per week in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
Per-diem (cover shifts as needed)
Providing direct adult rehabilitative support services to consumers in community-based transitional housing residences.
- Provides on-site consumer supervision.
- Participates as a team member in the maintenance and care of agency facilities and ensures safety of the consumers in those facilities.
- Transports consumers in agency vehicles in a safe, cautious and responsible manner.
- Observes consumers’ self-administration of prescribed medication as per agency procedures.
- Provides medication education.
- Supervises and assists consumers in housekeeping, maintenance, and upkeep of the residence.
- Identifies, supervises, and assists consumers with rehabilitative services and daily living skills.
- Develops, supervises and facilities recreational and socialization activities for consumer.
- Coordinates as directed any contacts with adjunctive services.
- Documents service delivery and maintains accurate and timely clinical documentation.
- Submits repair and maintenance requests to supervisor and coordinates scheduling of repairs with the Housing Coordinator and Assistant Program Coordinator as needed.
- Functions as a team member by covering shifts, facilitating groups, participating in program activities, communicating all relevant information to other team members, covering co-workers duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in mental health, social work, psychiatric rehabilitation, nursing, or a related discipline; a combination of one or more years of college plus work or life experience together equaling four years; OR licensed as a Practical Nurse (LPN) plus two years of related work or life experience; OR a High School diploma and four years of related mental health experience.
- Mental health/human services experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, with a good driving record.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Request Priority Protected Veteran Referral. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Contact.
~We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply including Native American, people of color, women, LGBTQ+, people of all abilities, veterans and veteran spouses.~
Community Hope, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
Community Hope, Inc. endeavors to make https://communityhopeinc.easyapply.co/job/apt-team-behavioral-health-counselor accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Mirella Rosario/Staff Recruiter/HR at 973-463-9600 x330 or email@example.com