As the Director of International, you will be responsible for the leadership and direction of the International Operations department for Epes Logistics Services, Inc.
- Direct, plan, coordinate, and oversee all import and export forwarding operations with operational personnel
- Provide pricing, financial quotations, RFQs, and P & L feedback as required
- Assume responsibility for SOP implementation, strategic business planning, client support, and resolution of all client needs
- Works with Sales, Marketing, MD, and Department Managers to implement and drive business objectives annually
- Builds, develops and motivates a Sales team capable of achieving desired targets
- Negotiates and maintains relationships with all international agents
- Maintains and negotiates contracts with all ocean carriers, airlines, truckers, and other vendors as required
- Secure information from key staff personnel in other departments and/or subsidiaries’ correlate and develop goals, action plans, etc. Strategic planning is essential. Implement and adhere to budget. Develop targets and standards.
- Analyze costs and recommend cost control measures. Review cost statements to locate excessive expenses.
- Oversee communication with employees and to inform employees of current programs (and status), policies, regulations, and procedures. Disseminate information accordingly to personnel. Provide support for the newsletter as information becomes available.
- Conduct analysis and surveys to evaluate the efficiency of operations and recommend changes.
- Assist in the development of statistical measurements that provide accurate gauges of the company’s performance.
- Review and analyze statistical information with company personnel daily, weekly, monthly, and annually. Participate in company meetings. Facilitate all operational review meetings.
- Interview operations staff and other potential staff as needed.
- Work with agent network and regional offices (monitor activity).
- Ensure the organizational structure is capable of handling the stated goals and is staffed with qualified personnel to reach those goals. Work closely with Human Resources over employee relations issues, staffing, training, etc. Assist in the selection and recommendation of personnel for staff positions; train and assign/delegate duties for customer service support personnel. Measure stated employee performance/productivity levels to ensure staff development. Reprimand and terminate employees who do not meet company standards
- Maintain coordination of effort and cooperation of the operations department with other subsidiaries to avoid needless duplication.
College Degree, preferably in business, management, logistics, or a related field.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in international freight forwarding operations including air and ocean for both import and export activities
Minimum 3 years’ experience working for an FMC-licensed ocean freight forwarder in a similar role
Meet the requirements for being a “Qualifying Individual” as required for ocean freight forwarding license with the FMC
Extensive knowledge of applicable domestic and international regulations, policies, and procedures
Strong strategic planning skills
Excellent communication skills